Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thing #18 YouTube & Other Online Video

Think #18 online videos, here's something that I know a lot about. I've been an avid user of YouTube and later after Google bought YouTube. It has a nice search function so you can find videos in line with what you want to look at. After you've watched a video it has a nice feature to bring up additional videos on the side of the screen simular to what you just watched in case you might be interested in seeing more. The only thing I don't like is the generally poor quality of the majority of the videos, and you can't download a video to watch at a later time on your computer or in my case on my iPhone using the YouTube application. I'm sure there would be a variety of different ways that YouTube and other video sites could be used to supliment a library's website or blog. Especially things like book and movie reviews, training videos, etc.. This was one of the more fun kinds of things, I'm curious to see what will be next.

No comments: