Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thing #16 Student 2.0 Tools

I started looking at this again and of course now I see why I got stuck on this thing before. I'm not a student or a teacher, I don't work with students or teachers. That being said, I took at look at the Research Project Calculator - RPC for short. This tool is very in depth but I'll work through the basics. You feed it a start and end date for a research project, you pick a topic and the tool produces a schedule to help you plan the project. Including some very specific steps on Picking and refine your topic, writing a thesis, finding boots and materials, writing a first draft and so forth. This would have been very helpful in my college days. I think with some tweaking it could be useful for managing timelines for library projects. Things like reading programs, fund raising projects and so forth. Next stop, Thing #17.

No comments: