Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thing #23 Final Thoughts

So Thing #23 is Final Thoughts on the 23 things program. They had a survey to fill out upon completion of 23 things, however since I am finishing so much later than the program ran, the survey has since been closed. They did however leave several final questions to help blog about this final "thing".

* Go back to your thoughts/ideas about Library 2.0. Has anything changed as a result of this experience?

I think a lot has changed, since 23 things, I am now a regular user of a blog, YouTube, and Facebook. I am more open to trying out new Web 2.0 tools and applications.

* What were your favorite Things and discoveries?

I think Flickr was my favorite thing that I got to try out. At some point when I get around to organizing my digitial photo collection, I will be a lot more open to posting them on Flickr.

* How did you connect with others doing the 23 Things On a Stick?

I would discuss 23 things with staff members here at SELCO and occasionally with some of the SELS/SELCO librarians when the subject would come up. Mostly face to face, although some through e-mail and blog posts. I never got into the whole twitter thing, I'm more of a facebook person at this stage.

* Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I would say I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed learning about the variety of 2.0 subjects that were presented in the 23 things program.

* What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or content?

I thought the program was very well presented and it was in a format that was easy to follow, I don't really have any changes to recommend.

* If we offered a 23 More Things On a Stick program like this in the future would you participate?

I am definately interested in seeing more 23 things programs.

* How would you describe your learning experience in one word or in one sentence, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things On a Stick learning activities to others?

I found the program to be very informative and entertaining, even some of the things I knew about before taking the program I learned additional things that I wouldn't have without following this program.

So now that 23 things is over I look forward to seeing what Round 2 is all about.

Until next time,

PC Geek signing off.

No comments: